Thursday, June 17, 2010

Q &R 4 How is revision helpful ?

When writing a text do you think it is right on your first draft? According to Sommers a writer is a man that puts his experiences into words in his own mind. What this means is that each individual has his or her form of language that they understand to themselves but when someone else reads it, they might be dumbfounded. Revision is helpful because it helps the writer get on the same page as the reader and makes the written work sound more understandable. Sommers categorized writers into two sections student writers and experienced writers. I honestly put myself in the student writers section because my writing form isn’t too strong but my ideas are good. I usually have trouble putting my ideas in order so they make sense, I just write and write and that sometime loses the reader. Even experienced writers can have trouble because they want their work to sound good and they themselves proof read and it usually takes several revision before they feel it is right.

4 comments:

  1. I agree, we all have our own language of writing and revision helps when we ourselves read our own papers and make sense of what we are writing about.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I get identified with you. sometimes I had so many ideas but I do not know how to put them so that the reader could undestand the whole text.
    But that is something that will be improved if we practice and use the strategies the articles we have been reading suggest.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Revision really does help the author improve their writing. It shows them what the audience is understanding from their writing, and it helps them see if the message they're trying to transmit really got through.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everyone has their own way of writing and understanding. Revision is just a method to help the readers make the audience understand. The authors job is to be able to make sure the audience on a board range is able to understand and not get lost while reading.

    ReplyDelete