Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Q:Is rhetorical reading a strategy that could easily be used by students if told to do so?

R:In the article it stated that when introducing the students to rhetorical reading and encouraging them to use it, they found that students could identify it in the reading of others but were unsuccessfull in using it. I personally can relate to that thought because I can identify with the reading of others and can identify the rhetorical reading, but I have trouble using rhetorical reading. If i were told to use rhetorical reading and be reminded of it before I read i would definetly use that strategy because it makes the selection a lot more easier to understand. Rhetorical reading is not something that comes natural to me but it does make reading a lot more easier. Now i know that we must first be able to construct representations of what the author is trying to convey to his audience and now that I know what the strategies are is will be a lot easier to reach the meaning of what the author is trying to tell his audience. I can not read a selection and expect to have the meaning of what the author is trying to tell me right away. Now I know that I must ask myself questions and take notes as well and it will make the understanding more clear for me. This article really opened my eyes to see that there is a lot more to just reading any selection whether it be something that intrest me or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment