Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Q&R 2

After reading this piece, how did you feel about your way of reading? What strategies did you use when reading before you read Haas and Flower's article? Do you think you will apply to the strategies mentioned in the article (Content, Function/feature, and Rhetorical) and read differently from then on? Compare your skills in reading to those required by Haas and Flower and explain how your own style of reading can affect your style of writing.

I realized many things after reading Haas and Flower's article, such as the importance of how one reads and how they attain information from what they read.
I felt my manner of reading was not enough even if I mainly used the strategy of observing how the author tried to persuade his audience and what skills he used in order to do so (mostly the choice of words, syntax, and tone).
My way of reading will remain the same -when discussing strategies- however, I will try to comprehend a text by constructing "multi-faceted representations" which I know will help me organize everything into simpler, understandable information.
My skills in reading compared to the article's requirements were poor and what I read was vague for me after seeing how the words are used. This reflected difficulty in my writing skills because I wrote -unsure of what words to write to make my text effective- to the point where I confused my audience.

1 comment:

  1. I like your point in this article. I think we can all take a lesson from the article

    ReplyDelete