Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Q&R

Q: How do difficulty understanding words affect the reader?

Depending on the author and the quality of words he or she chooses may interest the reader in a negative or positive way. Creating an article with quantity and more understanding words in it will give the reader an easier road ahead to finishing with much understanding. Less quantity but with the quality to be more expert reader, will discourage the reader to read. Feeling comfortable with reading and understanding phrases encourage the reader to continue, eventually finishing. The reader will find the correct difficulty that suits them.

4 comments:

  1. I strongly agree with your response due to the fact that I myself struggle understanding what I'm reading therefore I choose to give up because I don't see the point of reading something I completely don't understand.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Short buy effective. :)
    I agree with you and I also believe that if you are javing difficulties with a reading because you don't like it you should put double efford to complete the task. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel that when a student cannot interpret what they are reading they just don't care. They might of read because it was assigned versus being interested and wanting to understand. I say this because I do fall under this category at times and I feel that I shouldn't and should be interested in all the material that I read.

    Jaime A

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with this. Sometimes when a reading has very difficult vocabulary it is very difficult to understand what the reading is trying to say.

    ReplyDelete