Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Q & R 1

Who’s fault is it when a student entering college still does not know how to write a paper correctly?

For twelve years we as students learn our abc’s all the way to writing reports and essays. Who should we credit for this accomplishment, teachers or ourselves? Who should we blame if it is not achieved again teachers or ourselves? Every student has different needs when it comes to writing. In my opinion English like any other subject can be difficult if you don’t have the right tools and skills that are needed to perfect this art. D & W state that our field does not know what genre and tasks will help the student in the myriad writing situations they will later find themselves in. What does this mean in plain English? Well teachers can teach us students the fundamentals that will be needed to get by, but it is up to the student to have the desire to be satisfied with just the basics or want more. English is a art just like anything else and each individual has his or her way of approaching it. No teacher wants to see a student fail that is why they have the courage to be the one that will put the student on the right path. I personally English is my weakness in the sense that my structuring and referencing ideas needs to be better organized. I don’t blame the teachers, they did their job fine and I did ok but sometimes ok isn’t just enough.

1 comment:

  1. I think the way we were raised in elementary decided on how good we were going to be at the art. Parents should of been in the list too because my father pushed me to learn, for some reason I didn't like learning. I felt that without the teachers or parents I could not have motivated myself to accept learning.

    ReplyDelete