Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Q&R 1

Why is it important for the writer to have prior knowledge for what they are writing about?

In the article, it says that the more the writer knows about something, the more he or she will know about that certain subject and therefore write better and have a better understanding on it. Personally, I think that to be true. It would be extremely difficult for a person to write about something without having some type of prior knowledge to whatever it is that the subject pertains to. In other words, if a student is asked to write about writing studies, it is more than likely that he/she will write better if they know about what they are writing about. If the student is an “expert” in the subject, the writing will be better and therefore, the reader will understand what the reader is trying to say. It is also a better thing for the reader because like I mentioned, they will better grasp the content of the writing. Overall, I agree with this. The writer needs to know what he/she is writing and the reader needs to comprehend what he/she is reading.

Jose Barrera


1 comment:

  1. I agree with your blog. I personally myself have to also understand the topic I am going to write about before I can start writing. It is important to include our own experiences in our writing. It will make it a lot easier on me when it comes time to write.

    ReplyDelete